Thorn GoblinGlitter Blog o' My life

She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in brambles and blackberry bushes. She is only seen in the light of a shooting star. She wears purple and green like berries and leaves. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Get off the pot and BLOG!

Okay, here I am, I let a couple days slide (one day? two?..not sure). I was holding back from blogging because I didn't want to sound too self-pitying, something I'm working on.

I'm really mad about all the BS these people are slinging about Hurricane Katrina and the relief aid being racial and that our country (our Prez) is leaving people down there to die because they are BLACK! Shut the hell up! The situation was so bad, more worse than anyone in this entire world could have ever imagined! The Red Cross was ORDERED not to go in there! They HAD to stay back! My god, they have scenes of buses down there at the SuperDome and people are wading thru nasty disease infested water to get on the buses! Texas decided to take as many people in as they could...where on earth are we suppose to stick all these people? I mean this is the biggest catastrophe ever...the government could never have been prepared for this! Bush was on the news the DAY OF, not five days later...he was in the office with the cabinet getting briefed as briefs were made possible, until he had to go and see it for himself! There are still 47 other states that he has to be concerned about and a war going on across seas!

The flood victims need to take some personal responsibility as well, and the mayor...New Orleans had one of the highest poverty and crime levels...(the mayor needs to live with the fact that they didn't have more in place) those poverty people don't have the MEANS to get to a grocery store half the time let alone get to a safe zone. Maybe now that these things has happened to them, that there lives were spared and they faced the worst, maybe some of them will come around, go get an education, and try to make their lives richer and better, so they are never faced with this again. It didn't matter how rich some were, they were powerless over getting out of the situation of Katrina. You know what they say about hitting rock bottom? Well, if this isn't rock bottom for some of them, I don't know what else could be! Those people, for the most, had no where to go, and really didn't think it was going to be as bad as it was. The governor begged them for three days prior to evacuate! But evacuate to where?

Just for myself...where would I go? Would I drag myself, dh and two children out to the in-laws in Kansas? Put all my family affairs on to them? How would I get there? Should I ask them to pay for our airplane fares as well, or to drive here and get us? I know it is hard for me to just pay for a taxi to get back from a big grocery store trip...but see, I put myself into the situation I am in! So I'm not going to have a pity party, and I couldn't blame anyone but my damn self!

Let's not even question it! It was obviously God's Will! Yes, the levees could not withstand it, they knew that, they knew that it would cost them about 14 mil to make them stronger, now hindsight has them seeing that it would have been a better investment than what we are going to be paying now through Aid and loss of life. It was maybe God's Will to make us wake up! To make us see that we are powerless over what He can do! Look at 9/11, look at what we learned about our lack of intelligence and safeguards...we rested on our laurels and we learned, now we will have to learn from this as well. But I am getting really pissed off at these people claiming it was a "Race" thing, as if Katrina targeted the poorest of black folks on purpose and the gov't just left them there to die!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home