Thorn GoblinGlitter Blog o' My life

She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in brambles and blackberry bushes. She is only seen in the light of a shooting star. She wears purple and green like berries and leaves. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Friday, August 26, 2005

broken promise

I THOUGHT we had come to a deal Thursday morning after dh was out Wednesday night until 2am, dh would not go out more than twice a week no later than 11pm and I would quit drinking. It is now 11:17pm and he's not home! Can't wait to hear his excuse, can't wait to see what time he comes strolling in! Should I have a can of beer in my hand waiting for him to walk in the door so I can pop the top? It would blow my near two day sobriety, but it sure as hell would drive my point home!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger Wanda said…

    Nope. Keep the sobriety for you and the kids. No matter what he does. He may want to negate the deal now, since he is apparently enjoying himself, but if you keep your part of the bargain, regardless of what he does, I think it drives your point home even better. If he comes home and you pop that top, it's like he can say, 'See, I knew you couldn't do it!' (Even though you didn't do it until after he didn't live up to his part of the promise.) Take the high road, and do what's right. (My 2 cents for what it's worth.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home