Thorn GoblinGlitter Blog o' My life

She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in brambles and blackberry bushes. She is only seen in the light of a shooting star. She wears purple and green like berries and leaves. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Changing old habits, learning new

The reason behind doing 90 in 90 in AA (90 meetings in 90 days) must be to change a way of life. If you do something THAT often, it's a good chance that it's going to become habit. So today was my third day, and the old feelings of "Uhhhh, I don't want to do this, I'm tired, I don't want to do ANYthing" came creeping in! Ended up not going to the noon meeting, but I forced myself to get the house cleaned up and go to a 7pm meeting. Now, again, this was a new meeting for me, so I still had the fears of walking in alone to something I did not know, but hey, turned out to be a very small meeting (maybe 10 of us), lots of coffee, pretty nice topic. Talked about our experiences with "Dry Drunks". That is times that we were "dry" on our own, but were not working the program and therefore the dryness didn't last. I've had lots of those! I shared that THIS time since I am trying to work the program, I have caught myself doing somethings differently and I've been sober for four days, rather than maintaining my old ways, resisting change, and just not drinking for a few!

When I got home, dh told me that one of my gf's called. I was a little surprised, haven't heard from her in a bit..we never seem to call each other unless we are going through some drama in our life and want to drink together. So dh said he told her I'd be home around 830, she said she might pop over. I was a little apprehensive about that, what should I say to her? Would she expect me to have a six pack on hand? Well, she never did "pop over", but maybe I shouldn't try to hide from her either, maybe she needs to talk, not that I'd be the BEST to talk to right now but I could listen and just simply tell her that I quit! Let her take it from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home