Thorn GoblinGlitter Blog o' My life

She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in brambles and blackberry bushes. She is only seen in the light of a shooting star. She wears purple and green like berries and leaves. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Facing a temptation

A friend of mine called lastnight (Tuesday night)while I was out, hubby told the friend that I was out and she mentioned that she might "pop over". When he told me that, I kind of figured that she must be going through some personal drama at home or with her SO, she wouldn't call me otherwise. Well, today on my way to the grocery store, I stopped by her house just to be sure that it wasn't life and death. She said she'd walk over to my place with me when I was done at the store. I welcomed the visit for a few. Hubby had mentioned to her that I had been out to an AA meeting, so she questioned me about the drinking. I told her I was wanting to quit for good. So I thought, "okay, that was easy, now she knows where I'm coming from".

When we got to my house, she asked if I'd mind if she'd go get a six pack to drink at my house. At first I said "Yes", but seeing how I figured she needed it, I told her to go ahead. Her idea to come to my house and drink was to sneak it without her 13 year old son knowing. The son had told her to be home by 9pm. Well, she ended up at my house until 10:15, drinking her beers, telling tales of how her and her sisters use to hustle people and things for money down south, and how good her sister was at it. I asked her then, "Well, why is your sister now living back up here with you instead of down south?" (I mean, if she was doing such a good game down there and all?). She told me that the sis was making money illegally and so was this sister's SO, the sis and SO were no longer on friendly terms and beginning to threaten the feds on each other and the SO had made threats on the sis's life, and had been abusive!

Gotta tell you honestly, I resisted quite a few urges to grab one of her beers but I found that the only reason I was thinking to grab one was out of boredom! It was getting later and later, I had things around the house that needed done that could have kept me busy, Kayley needed put to bed for school, and her stories of the hustle life were making no sense to me! (I told hubby all this afterwards and he said he was "real proud" of me) I'm not a drug addict, so the idea of people doing anything and everything for crack just don't make sense to me, and the situations that she and her sisters are in, only seem to me as though they are in those situations because that is what they choose. But I can't be thinking all high and mighty, because I know I have caused a lot of the situations I found myself in because of alcohol. I just now know I don't have to live like that anymore, and this girl was more bragging of it all and laughing rather than seeing a bad pattern, something she should grow from. She isn't about growing today. She did mention about maybe she should go to a meeting with me, but that was that, she didn't ask what time or anything else. Maybe I should call her for the next evening meeting, she works during the days when I normally go. But I really don't want to be putting myself around all that too much right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home