Thorn GoblinGlitter Blog o' My life

She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in brambles and blackberry bushes. She is only seen in the light of a shooting star. She wears purple and green like berries and leaves. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas!



Hope all is well with everyone on this fine Christmas Eve Day! No snow in the forecast, actually mild temps in the 40s forecasted, and that's just fine with me, we still have lots on the ground from the last two snow storms!

This year has brought us many changes, lots of ups and downs, but the biggest blessing of all is that I'm here with my children, we are healthy and happy, we have learned a lot throughout the year, we have friends and family that care about us, sometimes more than I may realize, and I'm so greatful to be here.

Dakota is a Junior in highschool this year, and I'm so proud of all his accomplishments, the changes I've seen him through and the man he is becoming...he is no longer a young boy, but a young man, and can grow a full beard and mustache with the biggest of them! (LOL)

Kayley is still a very happy little girl, and I just love that about her. She dances around and sings all the time (sometimes she makes noise constantly, and I wish for some "quiet"). She started Kindergarten this year, and she is making friends independently of me now.

I'm anxiously awaiting my kid's bed time tonite! Dakota isn't so bad, he's older and he won't snoop too much, he'll probably try to sneak a peak after the tree is loaded! But Kayley, she is another story...she'll have to be sound asleep before I go creeping around or she won't sleep all night! The kids will be pleasantly surprised Christmas Morning, between some special gifts being sent and Dakota's grandparents and Aunt Kellie, they seem to have made out pretty good! I have to get the bird thawing for dinner quickly!

I've cranked the heat up today in the house, as a special "treat" so the living areas will be comfortable for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, keeping it at a modest 65 instead of 55, my feet are freezing though! Merry Christmas to all...wish I could be there to celebrate with all those I love dearly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home