Thorn GoblinGlitter Blog o' My life

She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in brambles and blackberry bushes. She is only seen in the light of a shooting star. She wears purple and green like berries and leaves. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A very depressing dream

Here is the dream: After a separation, I came back in contact with Jake, and pretty much coerced him to remarry me. I planned a big elaborate wedding, however the wedding went on without him being there, someone stepped in for him since it was Saturday night and that was one of his nights that I had accepted as he nights to be at Tommy’s PourHouse (the bar his ex-girlfriend frequented). After the wedding, there was picture taking and the reception, which I felt real uncomfortable about, that’s when it dawned on me that I had made a very foolish mistake marrying him without him even being there. I remember looking at my ring, it was our old engagement ring, but the band was all bent up. After the wedding day, I was then at an elementary school, and I was harassing him about not being at the wedding, instead being at the bar. He wouldn’t budge on his “accepted nights out”, and there was some threat about me being around him too much, that he could have me arrested for contempt of the PFA. Then all of a sudden we were at a campground, and he kept taking off, and I found him to be with his ex-girlfriend. I wanted to fight her, but he stuck up for her, and continued talking about his “accepted nights out” and my contempt of the PFA, I walked away defeated and really mad, took off the ring and put it in my pocket, determined to never wear it again since it was a “sham marriage” anyhow.

What I think this dream meant: I think that it has to do with my mourning of my "dream wedding" ending in divorce! As I said, the dream was like a "sham marriage", much the way I feel about our real life together. And the "acceptance of his nights out" came from a phone call I had with my best GF lastnight...she is continously accepting very poor treatment from her BF, he is very controlling, jealous and a cheat. I feel he suffers from a seriously guilty concious, since he has cheated on her every year of their relationship and even impregnated two other girls who he SWORE he was not having relations with, yet she blames herself for these girls having his children, because it was during one of their short separations when she put him out of the house because she had suspected him of cheating! Her suspicions were obviously correct! My GF enables him so much, and continues to take him back because she needs help with the three kids she now has to him, she has her hands full trying to provide for them and take care of them, and he does NOTHING other than lets her take an occasional nap here and there, but even then he does not take care of the kids the way she feels he should. Also, she cannot accept the idea of him going to another girl after leaving her, only to live "high off the hog"...to her it's like loosing the battle, because he does not "learn a lesson" from her putting him out! He just picks up with another girl, lives off of her, and then my GF is left with nothing but three kids to support! So, after her phone call, I guess it really got me to thinking of the laziness that I accepted from my DH, supporting him and giving into his "toy buying" while neglecting household expenses, and how I came to find out that he had been sneaking around behind my back going to the bar where his ex-girlfriend and her family frequents! I feel like such a fool! He attempted to make me feel that I was a rotten mother, an alcoholic, a nag and *B* for not allowing him "freedom to have friends", he use to harrass me about my ex-BF and demand life-altering changes in order to ease his on insecurities about the ex-BF while he continued to have contact with his ex-GFs...but out of all of it...I was the wrong one for not seeing where it was all headed in the first couple months of the relationship when he suddenly moved in with me as an escape in paying his sister the money he owed her for living with her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home