Thorn GoblinGlitter Blog o' My life

She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in brambles and blackberry bushes. She is only seen in the light of a shooting star. She wears purple and green like berries and leaves. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Without photos!


Today may be a day without photos! So here is a doodle cartoon "Leo Shooting Pool", kinda reminds me of my Bro. And I so wanted to share my shopping purchases with you from yesterday! My camera phone software is acting up again...I swear, anytime you make a change to this comp, it messes with the communication between the modem connection of my cam phone and the PC. The only changes I made was removing unwanted items from my desktop and moving my sons files into one specific folder (instead of the jumbled mixture of things amongst my files) I tried and tried lastnight to open the software, and it just made my comp lag terrible...so I'll be on the phone with Motorola as soon as they open up, which is 9am Central time. Drives me insane!

My shopping trip yesterday consisted of going to our local downtown Office and art supply store, Plankenhorn Stationery for some "proper" black marking pens for outlining and just doodling. The one Sharpie that I purchased for just that job, although it stated "extra fine" on the packaging, was no where near extra fine...also they bleed thru my journal pages. I also got a nice bundle of watercolor pencils to try out.

As well as the day started out, with beautifully high temps for this time of year, it all came to a screaching halt when the school nurse called and informed me that my daughter cannot return to school without a note from the doc due to this "rash" under her eye, which may be ringworm. According to the school nurse, who is not at her school on a full time basis and therefore has not seen my daughter since, oh maybe Feb 16th when she busted her mouth on the playground (which required a trip to the dentist and a pulled tooth) it is not school policy to notify parents when there is a contagious "thing" going around the classrooms. So, armed with that UN-knowledge, I took my daughter to the family doc who asked if she had been around anyone with ring worm, and I told him "NO", so with what I DID tell him...that she always gets this "funny thing" going on with her eye whenever she has a fever, cold, or other illness...he (the doc) felt that the rash maybe eczema due to internal stress bringing it out and he referred us to a dermatologist, who she would be seeing this Friday...NOW a month later, as I have sent her to school treating it for eczema, thinking I was doing what I should be doing...the school nurse decides that she's gonna call me up and let me in on some very important information! I'm now going to take my daughter back to the doc and get the proper medication...NOW that I have been informed!

With all that to dampen my spirits, I go to retrieve daughter from the school bus and the weather suddenly turns for the worst, the sky opened up, and it poured down raining on us! I can't complain too much about that...it was a warm "summery" kind of shower, and I'm sure all the plants and grass just LOVED it! At home, after the shower, I opened the doors wide to air the winter stench out! Our weather will take a nose dive now into treacherous winds and 30 and 40 degree temps once again...still not time to open the house completely! I'm not even using the Oil Heat, just heating the hot water, and yet I'm going through extremely high fuel consumption...it's just ridiculous...I'll be happy to move out of this large cave!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home