Thorn GoblinGlitter Blog o' My life

She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in brambles and blackberry bushes. She is only seen in the light of a shooting star. She wears purple and green like berries and leaves. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Shooting in our Williamsport Park


Image hosting by Photobucket
From Williamsport Sun-Gazette One man is dead and a teenager wounded after gunfire erupted at a city basketball court at a playground Monday afternoon, city police said.

The man was shot in the chest shortly before 4 p.m. at A. Roy Flanigan Park at the corner of Walnut Street and Little League Boulevard. Police have declined to release the dead man�s name, age, identity or how many times he was shot
.

The article says it very well:
"It was one of the best days to be outside this year. But Boone expressed outrage that the sterling afternoon was shattered"

What the hell is going on in Williamsport!  I can point my fingers at a few things:

#1 - Where's the parents?  These children are not being supervised on the way to and from the school bus stop...these kids are bullying other children, being bullied, punched, shoved, and chasing each other out into the traffic!  If you (parents) cannot get your asses out of bed, or if you are already off to work...why not have the babysitter or another neighbor walk with these kids?  Don't you want to know what's going on with your kids?

#2 - Where's the parents?  I've walked down my street past a few certain homes (always the same homes)...kids of all ages out there talking "smuck", no supervision, trash strewn all over the place!  These kids are rude and disrespectful to the passersby, making comments about their appearance or clothes, and there is always an argument going on between some of them.  And it's not just the kids...just yesterday, a beautiful day...I say "Hello" to a man sitting on his porch, only to have some woman yell at me from somewhere across the street "Don't talk to him! He's a married man!"

#3 - What's wrong with your own backyards?  Why don't you have your kids safely in their own backyard behind a fence?

#4 - Where's the landlords?  Why don't you do something about your tenants and their guests?  Puts me in the mind to contact the County Assessment Office and find out who you are so I can write you a nice letter and tell you what's going on!  Maybe you'd like to see pics of the front of your properties?

#5 - Parents are very disrespectful themselves!  I've gotten to the point where I won't even confront these parents about their bad ass little brats for fear of getting BEAT UP by the parents!  I've had small children threaten to get their parents on me because I've had to blow my car horn and warn them to get their bikes out of the street from in front of my car!  I've had another girl DARE me to make her get out of my yard because she was too big to play on my daughter's swing, and when I asked her nicely not to sit on the swing, she got very vulgar..so of course, I told her to leave, she wouldn't leave and said she would go get her older siblings after me!  What are you parents teaching these kids?  If a parent comes to you about your child, don't stand there cussing out the parent!  It only shows the kids that's how to handle the situation...TALK to your kids and let them know what's right and wrong!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger David Tellez said…

    I agree with you. It's all about respect. Parents need to teach their kids at a young age, the meaning of respect towards their elders, their peers, and just anyone in general. They need to realize that without common courtesy, the world would just go ballistic, you know? It's really a shame, when parents cant teach their kids basic manners. And I know some parents are super busy, but still, that shouldnt be an excuse as to why you cant be an example for your children, is it?

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AMEN, SISTER! Thank you for stating what needs to be stated!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home