Thorn GoblinGlitter Blog o' My life

She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in brambles and blackberry bushes. She is only seen in the light of a shooting star. She wears purple and green like berries and leaves. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Day of Pictures and Paper!



I'm so completely tired, but I just had to get on here and show what I've gotten myself into today! Oh good lord, a new project.... Iris Folding! I was just minding my own business, reading the posts in my Gabby Group and BRENDA just had to throw out a link to this, so OF COURSE...I just had to look, then I HAD to try it! This heart, two ducks and two bunnies later...I'm exhausted! Anybody know of any glues that don't make paper and cardstock all "humpy"? I'm having problems!


I'm just filled with pictures today...it was a real picture taking day! L to R Dakota, Kyle's GF??? (she says they are NOT going out), Kayley (the small one), and Kyle.

Well, here's another pic...
I keep seeing this house and been wanting to snap a pic of it for Deanne, she loves Painted Lady houses and since I live so near the heart of the Historic District... I couldn't resist taking these pics as well...

(this house use to be painted the G awfullest (is that a word?) ugly slate blue/gray color and was overgrown in the front with terrible towering evergreens..TG someone in their right mind bought it and renovated it back to it's glorious grandeur!)

(this house, well, it's actually an old Hotel, then was turned into apartments, now is under renovation. I took the pic from the side to show the enormous size of this place, it's not much to look at from the front yet anyhow..they still have a lot of aesthetic work to do!)

And I finally got up the nerve to walk into someone's yard and take a lovely Spring picture (Okay...I didn't walk in their yard, I used the zoom from the sidewalk!)


And why does my son, Dakota, insist on using my new cam to take these terrible pics of himself?

Well, if he insists, then I will just have to post them for the entire Cyber World to see! Oh...be sure to click on the pics to open them up and see full view!

Question: Where is the strangest place you ever fell asleep?

Listening to: Gold Digger - Kanye West

6 Comments:

  • At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm...can't think of any because I can't sleep unless I'm in my nice big warm waterbed. No, really. But my son once fell asleep with his feet on the couch, his chest on the coffee table, and his round little tummy hanging in between. It was so cute.

    Jenna

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Thorn said…

    I just can't picture that! How could anyone fall asleep in that postion?...carrie

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow carrie,you live in such a beauitful city.i love the old house and at least dakota will take a picture.my youngest son dont want you near him with a camera.great pics.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Thorn said…

    Yep, Sue, I'm real happy with the Kodak Easy Share!...carrie

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Wanda said…

    Great photos, Carrie! I love the folded paper heart. About glues - try 'tacky glue'. One brand is Aleene's. It's thicker, so there is less moisture to rumple the paper. It's really good glue.

    The photo of the kids is really nice - a good looking bunch.

    I love old houses too.

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger Thorn said…

    From Renie, who is having "Server" issues when attempting to post comments:
    Our son Zach can fall asleep absolutely anywhere, as a child he was like that, and he is like that as an adult, put him in any moving vehicle and he'll fall asleep if he's not driving. As a baby, he would fall asleep wherever he was when he was tired, in the high chair, on the floor in the midst of crawling....in his food, I'll have to ask Rich, he can probably think of the most unusal place. And Xavier is just like Uncle Zach, you saw the pic of him where he fell asleep leaning agains the foot of his bed watching tv....the most unusual place I've fell asleep in that I can think of, would be while fishing with my dh, in the rain....sitting in the lawn chair at Holmes lake(ROFL).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home