Thorn GoblinGlitter Blog o' My life

She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in brambles and blackberry bushes. She is only seen in the light of a shooting star. She wears purple and green like berries and leaves. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Just Too Much!


It all caught up to me today! I was mentally and physically exhausted! This week was so hectic, with all the running here and there, lots of things on my mind that I just don't really know what to do with. Had my daughter to the docs twice...she's fine...ring worm, nothing life threatening, but it just irks me that it could have been treated sooner if the doc was more experienced...young interns! They first "guess diagnosed" it as eczema, but wanted to refer her to a Derm, which couldn't see her for another month!!!! Then the school nurse finally contacted me, telling me that she just saw her and thought it was ring worm, was I having her treated (NO! Duh...I just let my DD run around with a lesion on her face cuz I could careless!) and informed me that there had been another child in my daughter's class with ring worm, so then I got paranoid! I mean, come on...it's contagious! Well, now after a month, other kids are teasing her...what about the OTHER kid that had it? Well, apparently that child had been misdiagnosed for a couple of months!!!! I made my feelings known to the teacher and the school nurse...the nurse said something to me though that made me think a bit...yeah, I'm running around to doc appts, and school events and such...this might be a bit irritating, but I can be happy that it's just this, and I'm not dealing with a teenager on drugs or worse! That these children grow so fast, and we will soon find ourselves wishing we were just dealing with something that can be simply treated! Okay...so thanks for the reality check...I tend to stress over small stuff sometimes too much, not that this is TOTALLY SMALL!

I find my relaxation in visiting lots of other blogs, and seeing all the creativity! Oh, it's just such an experience, gives me so much inspiration! I began to list a lot more of my fav blogs to the right...so shout outs to all of you! You all do such wonderful work and thanks for sharing with the world! You all really put me at ease more than you know! And I enjoy just hearing how the rest of the world is getting by out there, thanks for sharing your vacations and favorite spots and things!

I really haven't had time to create this week, I did do a quick sketch on the back of a pharmacy receipt with my blue Bic ballpoint pen while waiting on the next bus home today (pic above).

Showed Dakota my "work of art":

Dakota: well, mom, it's not one of your best
Mom: yeah, well, I know that, but can you tell what it's a sketch of?
Dakota: the back of a man, sitting on a bench, he's wearing a hoodie?
Mom: well, then I guess it's good enuf, you just described what I saw with my own eyes!

Dakota is going to DC tomorrow with his school CASA group! He's been really looking forward to it, told him to get me a cheap t-shirt, that's all I asked! I know he'll have a lot of fun, it's a great bunch of kids, and a day far away from home....YIPPEE!! He wanted to take my new diggie cam, REALLY wanted to...had to put my foot down on that one, I went and got him two disp cams...my new cam is a semblance of regaining a little something of what DH took away from me...and I'd hate for anything to happen to it while Dakota was in charge of it for the day!

Listening to: Salt Shaker - Ying Yang Twins

1 Comments:

  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger David Tellez said…

    Dont you just hate it, when people state the obvious? When they tell you something you already know and are trying to work on it? Ugh...well, I hope you get the ringworm taken care of, cuz yeah, kids can be sooooo cruel.

    And I love your little "work of art". It makes me almost wanna blow it up and color it in! Good job!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home