Thorn GoblinGlitter Blog o' My life

She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in brambles and blackberry bushes. She is only seen in the light of a shooting star. She wears purple and green like berries and leaves. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Attack of the Nasty Lil' Cold Germs

This is what I feel like today! Amazing how those little cold germs just circulate around, hiding, waiting and then attacking...just attacking the innocent victim who picks up a telephone after another innocent victim host! I just knew it was gonna happen! After my daughter came in the house a few weeks back, complaining of a headache, sounding all conjuctified, sleeping the day away...and fortunately for me...she has a very healthy immune system and rarely becomes sickly for more than a day...so there is no way of gauging an illness with her. But then there was the pregnant girl in the office who has just been miserable for over a week now, and who just continued to get worse and worse...my heart went out to her with every burning chest cough...because I know exactly what that's like and I prayed and prayed and told her to stay away from me so as to not give that crappy crap to me...ME, who will end up going from itchey throat, to runny nose, to sinus pressure and headache, to drowning in my own bodily mucous each morning as soon as the hot shower & steam penetrates my nose, throat, and lungs! ME, who will praise the porcelain God each morning to bring it all up because I know that no medication can accurately kill these germs! Then there was my SIL, spewing her germs all over the enclosed space of the car on our way to my brother's house last week...I should have been leery just at the sight of that great big box of tissues, but NO...I continue on my way up to their place, and what greets me there 'cept for my brother sounding like he has a roll of tissues shoved up both nostrils! BUT did all this do anything for me? Nope, there's ME....touching my sickly co-worker's germafied telephone without first wiping it down with a antibacterial wipey ! Hey...Monk may be a total OCD nutcase, but there is a lot to learn from that guy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home