Thorn GoblinGlitter Blog o' My life

She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in brambles and blackberry bushes. She is only seen in the light of a shooting star. She wears purple and green like berries and leaves. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Pet Duck

Squeaker in the car seat!








Squeaker not happy sharing the couch w/ Ruby (the dog)






I just had to share this! My "new co-worker", Tammy, at my new job, (who I can already feel I can call a "friend"...she's so kewl) has a duck for a house pet! His name is Squeaker! He goes everywhere with her...in the car in a carseat, in a special stroller for walks...even has specialty diapers for inside the house! Not only does she have Squeaker as a house pet, she also has 2 indoor turtles, 2 outdoor ducks, 2 dogs, 10 cats, and a goat (hope I got that count right!)...plus a rescued duck with a broken leg! This rescued duck is such a tear-jerking story! She found him/her injured at a Lewisburg pond/lake, a cop was not going to allow her to take the duck, said "that's just nature", but she wouldn't allow the duck to suffer and took the duck, took it to a vet and the vet said that the duck needed a pin in it's leg...not having the money for it's care, Tammy was able to raise donations from her "Duck Group" so that the duck can have the surgery! After his/her recovery, he/she will be adopted by another member of the Duck Group! It is just so awesome to hear all about it! The rest of us sit there discussing our dramatic lives as mothers of "monsters" and Tammy tells us about her pet duck, who I'm ABSOLUTELY SURE is 10X more well behaved than my own two "demons"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home