Thorn GoblinGlitter Blog o' My life

She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in brambles and blackberry bushes. She is only seen in the light of a shooting star. She wears purple and green like berries and leaves. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Catching up

Been a couple days, I haven't written anything, because my world just really doesn't seem all that interesting! I've been working on a few craft ideas. Made a windchime out of clear plastic CDs, bells and ribbon. Hung it from the "Ugly Tree", looks pretty there! And I am working on my glass totem candle sconces. That's taking me days, because I am waiting for the sealant to cure before adding the next item. Waiting is hard for me! I just want to put them together NOW! But if I don't wait for them to cure, I'll be defeating the whole purpose and end up with lopsided totems! My cat, Sylvester, already attacked the totems twice while I was adding the second level! Jumped at the wall where I had it hanging and knocked it to the cement floor, shattering a candlestick! BAD CAT! He ran and hid, he knew he was in trouble! Oh well, taught me to keep things out of his reach! Luckily they had an identical candlestick at the Thrift Store still! While I was there, I bought a child's rocking chair for $10. It's in good condition, I just have to change out the seat cushion and add a back cushion! The fabric that came on the seat is a old granny patchwork design...YUC! I'm thinking pinks and yellows to replace it! The chair will be for Kayley's BR, which sparked animosity in my son, Dakota! He came downstairs this morning asking for money to buy some IQ testing thing he saw on TV. SHOOT! The boy does absolutely nothing around the house, and yet wants money...don't think so! This sparked a battle back and forth of what he THINKS he does, and what I KNOW I've had to do since he WON'T, this argument spilled over into the fact that I bought the rocking chair. UHHHH! Kids!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:33 AM, Blogger Wanda said…

    Hi Carrie - I followed the link from your photo site. You are really having fun with the decorating! It sounds great!

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Wanda said…

    Hey, Carrie! You must not have read my first comment yet. I just saw your post on my blog. ;) Thanks! And you are right... I think, 'Well, who am I afraid of??'. LOL! Well...probably afraid of huring some people's feelings with *what I really think*. Or getting our granddaughter's mother mad at me, and then she'll tell granddaughter mean things about me, or make it very difficult for us to see her. Sheesh!
    Anyway, THANKS for you comment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home